COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies
With the relaunch of our in-home Babysitting service, we’ve put in place guidelines to help ensure the health and safety of both nannies and families.
We kindly ask that all families and nannies follow their local provincial health guidelines and recommendations.
Health Requirements: Nannies and Families are required to be 100% healthy during appointments. This means that if you develop or have the following symptoms, you won't be allowed to work as a nanny or have a nanny in your home if you're a family:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Travel: Nannies and Families will be required to disclose if they have travelled within two weeks of a babysitting appointment. Please use the "INSTRUCTION" section when creating an appointment to disclose your recent travel information.
Families and nannies will need to practice good hygiene, including:
- Regular hand washing for at least 20 seconds - when you first arrive and frequently during the booking.
- All high touch surfaces will be disinfected frequently and regularly
- Nannies may be required to use a non-medical mask or a face covering by the client. If the client requires the nanny to wear a mask during the appointment, this must be stated at the time of booking so the nanny is aware and comfortable with this. Nannies are responsible for their own masks.
- No sharing food/nannies must bring their own snacks/meals.
- Clients are responsible for providing appropriate disinfecting supplies for nannies to use in their homes. Clients will need to communicate specific disinfection requests with the Nanny.
We are doing our best to provide in-home Babysitting services during this difficult time. We understand that due to school closures and a general lack of childcare across Canada, nanny services may be in high demand. We will do our best to help as many families as possible.
Please note that our policies and ability to provide this service may change based on Government Regulations and the spread of COVID-19.