How to write a cover letter
Start with a Greeting:
- Tell us about your history.
- What do you do, what are your passions etc.
- Do you speak other languages, if so what languages? How did you learn them?
- Do you travel, have you traveled, if so, to where?
- What do you excel at?
Some questions to consider and include answers in your letter:
- When did you start nannying/babysitting?
- Why did you start and what do you like about nannying?
- What kind of unique situations have you run into through your nannying experience?
- What ages of children have you dealt with?
- Why did you leave your last position?
- What applicable courses or training have you taken?
- What are your dreams and aspirations and how does nannying fit in to that?
- What qualities can you bring to a family?
- What special skills do you have?
- Why are you personally fantastic?
BE HONEST, BE SPECIFIC, BE YOURSELF.
Your letter will be the first impression that you make. Feel free to create a letter that includes quotes, song lyrics, or an overview of your own childcare philosophy and approach. This really is how you get your foot in the door. Take the time to make sure that this letter really captures who YOU are and why you are an EXTRAORDINARY.