How much do I charge as an occasional nanny?
Nanny hourly rates for in-home babysitting currently start at $21/hr. You’ll be able to earn a higher nanny rate based on your performance and the number of babysitting appointments you work with our agency.
There are 3 tiers of Nannies based on their level of experience and customer service excellence:
Experienced, $21/hr - a new Nanny with our agency who meets our minimum required childcare experience of 2 years, and who has completed fewer than 100 babysitting appointments with our agency.
Pro, $22/hr - has multiple years of solid, full-time nanny experience, excellent client reviews, and over 100 completed babysitting appointments with our agency.
Elite, $24/hr - has multiple years of solid, full-time nanny experience, consistently glowing client reviews, and over 200 completed babysitting appointments with our agency.
- The Nanny’s base hourly rate covers care of up to 3 siblings for up to 8 hours of work.
- Each appointment is a minimum of 4 consecutive hours. If you work for fewer than 4 hours, you’ll still charge for 4 hours.
- You round up time worked to the nearest quarter-hour.
Additional Nanny Rates:
- An extra $2/hr per additional sibling
- An extra $3/hr per additional child from a different family (friends or cousins)
- An additional $2/hr after midnight
- An additional $2/hr on statutory holidays
- The Nanny’s regular rate x 1.5 after the 8th hour of work
- The Nanny’s regular rate x 2 after the 10th hour of work
- On December 25, Christmas Day (all day), the Nanny’s base rate is doubled.
- On New Year’s Eve beginning at 5 PM, the Nanny’s base rate is doubled.
- Fees for additional siblings, children from a different family, and after midnight are also doubled on December 25 and after 5 PM on December 31.